On October 1, 2018 our own Yarin Cohen had the opportunity to chat with the talented Richard Henshall, guitarist and composer with of one of the top Progressive Metal bands today, HAKEN. The band’s upcoming release is the concept album titled Vector.
Some of the highlights of this interesting and insightful interview are:
– The songwriting approach for Vector, and how it compares to previous HAKEN albums.
– The concept of Vector, and its origin.
– The songwriting and the recording sessions and their structural approach.
– HAKEN’s influences and Richard’s very own eclectic influences such as Armenian Jazz pianist Tigran Hamasyan.
– HAKEN’s tour with Leprous and Bent Knee, and their audiences.
– Plans for a Nova Collective second album and possible tour, as well as Richard’s other projects.
– A message for HAKEN’s World Prog-Nation fans.
HAKEN’s latest single:
HAKEN on the web: https://www.hakenmusic.com/