World Prog-Nation’s Yarin Cohen had the opportunity to sit down and have a conversation with Dream Theater drummer extraordinaire Mike Mangini. This was a very interesting and enlightening conversation.
Some of the topics discussed are:
– Mike’s most fun song to play
– Dream Theater’s new album Distance Over Time
– The role of a drummer as a songwriter, how it has changed over the years
– His relationship with the other Dream Theater members
– His ability as a multi-instrumentalist
– His musical influences: Both music and players
– Advice to young drummers and learning philosophy
– His time teaching at Berklee
– First DT album he heard and his reaction
– Does Dream Theater currently jam in the studio?
– Playing with John Petrucci in the G3 tour
– A message for his World Prog-Nation fans
— BIG thank you to: – Mike Mangini – A very talented, intelligent, humble and gracious guy! – Dream Theater’s tour management – Dream Theater World – Dream Theater Internnational Fan Club 2019 – World Prog-Nation